Happy Friday, friends!! I plan to make this a new addition to my blog because I love food and it’s always so fun when I get to try out a new recipe. Since I cook most every night I will be picking my favorite meal from the week and sharing it here on the blog!
This week’s favorite meal is a Shrimp and Zucchini Bowtie Pasta. It is SUPER HEALTHY (well, minus the bread on the side – but I think it is impossible for me to eat pasta without bread, seriously.) and even more important, it is really simple and fast to make.
I found this recipe on one of my favorite food blogs, Skinny Taste. I made a few minor adjustments, which are reflected in my shopping list below, and followed the same cooking instructions. Visit HERE To see original ingredient list and cooking instructions. If you try this out, let me know what you think!
Shopping list :
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deviened (12 oz peeled weight) *Buy frozen when they’re not in season and/or want to save money OR Chicken :)
- 12 oz uncooked bowtie pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 zucchini, julienned or cubed
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh ground pepper
- Local parmesan cheese on top with fresh parsley for garnish